22 Nov 5 ways to re-parent your inner child…
(Part 2 of 2 – read previous post if you missed it )
Once your inner child feels safe & nurtured… you can begin your journey to understanding your wound & ultimately heal…
1. Take your inner child on a date. Enjoy an activity for the sake of connecting with the little one within – indulge in a Moon Ritual , sign up to dance class or try a new activity! (this builds trust with the part of your psyche that feels neglected & is lashing out…)
2. Connect through conversation. Close your eyes, hands on your heart, & ask; “What do you need?” “How can I support you?” (You’ll be surprised at how quickly the answer appears…)
3. Write down your feelings without judgement…. give yourself a Safe outlet for self expression… to be seen, heard & witnessed… no sugar coating… don’t wait for others to create space, create it now, for yourself
4. Mirror work – when a baby’s born they’re constantly told how loved they are through direct eye contact, as adults we look for validation through work, bank accounts & relationships… looking in the mirror & saying the words ‘I love you’, ‘I’m here for you’, ‘I see you’ is such a powerful & healthy way to validate & support yourself. Try it!
5. Moments of pleasure – eat nourishing foods, get 8hrs sleep, have long Goddess baths, enjoy a healing hot drink. These moments sound simple – Yet many are neglecting these basic needs & as a result burning out.
Happy inner child = happy relationships, (can mean happy bank account – seriously! All about knowing your worth!) healthy boundaries & much more!
Yesterday I filmed a 40 minute Inner Child training for The Sisterhood.